Library Instruction Services
We support teaching and learning at USU by empowering students to find, evaluate, and use information in their coursework and beyond.
Library instruction can be tailored for online, hybrid, or face-to-face course formats. Integrating library instruction into your course can improve student research and learning outcomes.
What We Do
We provide instruction and support for student research by integrating with courses in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats.
Librarians can provide one-on-one support to help students tackle research projects and develop life-long research skills.
Browse videos and online tutorials and guides on a range of research topics that can be easily adapted for your course.
How We Enhance Teaching & Research
Our instruction program directly supports USU's mission and strategic pillars by enhancing learning experiences, strengthening research and creative excellence, and fostering community and culture.
We help USU instructors:
- Engage students by teaching research as an ongoing, holistic process
- Lower costs for students by incorporating Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Improve learning outcomes by redesigning course research assignments
Community & Culture
We foster USU community by:
- Nurturing general education by partnering with the English Composition program and USU Connections
- Engaging students with primary sources and archival research from USU's Special Collections & Archives
- Supporting student-created digital exhibits and online collections.