Guide to Research
Students work through a series of modules which contain text, video and interactive elements, as well as self-check quizzes. The tutorial can be linked from within Canvas but cannot be fully integrated into Canvas (quizzes are available which can be imported into Canvas).
Lower-division undergraduates, or any students needing an introduction or review of the research process.
- Begin Research
- Knowledge Cycle
- Find Books
- Find Articles
- Make Citations
- Search Strategies
Each section has a short multiple-choice quiz which can be integrated into Canvas.
- Click the Canvas Download button above and save the file onto your computer
- Within your Canvas course, click "Settings" in the left-hand menu
- On the right side of the resulting "Course Details" page, click the "Import Content into this Course" button"
- Within the "Content Type" drop-down, choose "Canvas Course Export Package"
- Click the Browse/Choose File button and browse to the downloaded file on your computer. Click "Open"
- Next to Content, choose the "Select Specific Content" button
- Click "Import." It will take a few minutes to upload
- When you see a blue "Select Content" button, click this button
- Check all the options EXCEPT Course Settings and Syllabus Body. Click the "Select Content" button
- When the import process is finished, you will see a green Completed button. At this point, you can go into your course modules and place the tutorial modules at the desired location(s) in your course
Questions or Concerns?Erin Davis