Students work through a collection of text, scenarios, and other resources to recognize the copyright status of resources, know when and how to apply fair use, and identify works that are free of copyright restrictions.
Any students needing an introduction or review of what copyright is and how to avoid copyright infringement.
- Recognize the copyright status of resources and be able to evaluate copyright issues in a given situation
- Know when and how to apply fair use, seek permission to reuse certain materials, and identify works that are free of copyright restrictions
- Develop a basic understanding of copyright as it applies to education
Quizzes are included at the beginning and end of the module, which are automatically pulled into your gradebook when you import the tutorial. Most can be scored automatically, except for the optional case study question at the end of the module. This quiz requires a short narrative from students and needs to be graded by the instructor or TA.
- Click the Canvas Download button above and save the file onto your computer
- Within your Canvas course, click "Settings" in the left-hand menu
- On the right side of the resulting "Course Details" page, click the "Import Content into this Course" button"
- Within the "Content Type" drop-down, choose "Canvas Course Export Package"
- Click the Browse/Choose File button and browse to the downloaded file on your computer. Click "Open"
- Next to Content, choose the "Select Specific Content" button
- Click "Import." It will take a few minutes to upload
- When you see a blue "Select Content" button, click this button
- Check all the options EXCEPT Course Settings and Syllabus Body. Click the "Select Content" button
- When the import process is finished, you will see a green Completed button. At this point, you can go into your course modules and place the tutorial modules at the desired location(s) in your course
Questions or Concerns?Erin Davis