Students work through a collection of text, scenarios, and other resources to recognize and help eliminate bias in language concerning race, disability, and sexuality.
Any students needing an introduction on what bias is and how to avoid bias in writing.
- Identify biases in writing
- Gain additional awareness of what is considered acceptable in professional writing
- Understand why bias should be avoided
- Become aware of biases in your own writing in order to develop an unbiased writing style
Quizzes are included at the end of each section within the module, which are automatically pulled into your gradebook when you import the tutorial. Most can be scored automatically, except for the optional case study question at the end of the module. This quiz requires a short narrative from students and needs to be graded by the instructor or TA.
- Click the Canvas Download button above and save the file onto your computer
- Within your Canvas course, click "Settings" in the left-hand menu
- On the right side of the resulting "Course Details" page, click the "Import Content into this Course" button"
- Within the "Content Type" drop-down, choose "Canvas Course Export Package"
- Click the Browse/Choose File button and browse to the downloaded file on your computer. Click "Open"
- Next to Content, choose the "Select Specific Content" button
- Click "Import." It will take a few minutes to upload
- When you see a blue "Select Content" button, click this button
- Check all the options EXCEPT Course Settings and Syllabus Body. Click the "Select Content" button
- When the import process is finished, you will see a green Completed button. At this point, you can go into your course modules and place the tutorial modules at the desired location(s) in your course
Questions or Concerns?Erin Davis