Library Accreditation Profile:
Overview of USU Libraries Facilities, Services, and Collections
The Merrill-Cazier Library connects people with information. Serving the University community, the Library is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge. We support inquiry, discovery, and engagement by providing access to quality resources, and by facilitating the use of information in teaching, learning, and research.
The Merrill-Cazier Library is the intellectual center of Utah State University. As both a physical and virtual destination, we create collaborative, engaging environments for learning and scholarship. We embrace innovation and continually adapt to changing user needs. Applying our expertise in collecting, organizing, managing, preserving and providing access to human knowledge, we are an integral partner in the academic enterprise.
- Universal access – We view collections broadly and strive to provide the greatest possible access to information resources. We remove barriers and provide equal access to information regardless of format or location.
- Intellectual Freedom – We value the expression and exploration of ideas and seek to represent diversity within our collections. We respect the individual’s right to privacy and their freedom to obtain and use information from all points of view without restriction.
- Lifelong Learning – The Library plays a vital role in formal and informal learning. We empower individuals to pursue intellectual development and to engage in scholarship throughout their lives.
- Service – Helping people is our highest goal. We anticipate and respond to the needs of our varied communities by providing quality information services. We treat all our users with respect.
- Collaboration/teamwork – We value collaboration to enhance productivity, solve problems, and stimulate individual growth and organizational development. We show respect toward staff and patrons, operating with integrity and encouraging open communication.
- Creativity – Balancing respect for tradition with opportunities arising from change, we strive to support an environment where creativity thrives. We encourage critical thinking in the pursuit of knowledge, and we value resourceful, innovative thinking in carrying out the functions expected of the Library.
Last Update: 9 Jan 2014